Saturday, January 07, 2006

Inside the Actors Studio: Mike Myers

I re-watched Inside the Actors Studio with Mike Myers, and was, yet again, impressed and inspired.

Besides his memorable characters from his Saturday Night Live run, Myers is such a prolific writer, with big-successes like Wayne's World (and its sequel), Austin Powers (and its sequels) written in a stunningly short few weeks to few months.

Best advice I got from the interview? Two-fold:
  • Go-after-it-tenacity -- They guy makes sweeping comments like, "I'm going to be on Saturday Night Live", and makes it happen.
  • The intellect and acting -- Myers says intellect and workshop skills and things of the mind are for when you're stuck. When you're not stuck, you don't need them if you're truly in the moment ...
And So I Married an Axe Murderer is one of the most under-rated comedic flicks (with one of my favorite movie soundtracks).

No comments: